Monday 20 September 2010

Generous lawyer

A local United Way office realized that the organization had never received a donation from the town's most successful lawyer. The person in charge of contributions called him to persuade him to contribute.

"Our research shows that out of a yearly income of at least $500,000, you give not a penny to charity. Wouldn't you like to give back to the community in some way?"

The lawyer mulled this over for a moment and replied, "First, did your research also show that my mother is dying after a long illness, and has medical bills that are several times her annual income?"

Embarrassed, the United Way rep mumbled, "Um ... no."

The lawyer interrupts, "or that my brother, a disabled veteran, is blind and confined to a wheelchair?"

The stricken United Way rep began to stammer out an apology, but was interrupted again.

"or that my sister's husband died in a traffic accident," the lawyer's voice rising in indignation, "leaving her penniless with three children?!"

The humiliated United Way rep, completely beaten, said simply, "I had no idea..."

On a roll, the lawyer cut him off once again, "So if I don't give any money to them, why should I give any to you?"

38 comments:

  1. cool!suppin bro :)
    check both my blogs are interesting! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol saw that coming .... laughed anyway

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you. Do you make these up yourself, because until I found this blog I had thought I've heard them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i look at your blog daily man, have been for a long while now. keep it up. but im going to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. supporting you for teh lulawyer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doing my daily support rounds.

    Ciao,

    http://www.ye-yepop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. showing my support, check out my blog and spread some love

    running-buddha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol awesome!!

    Showing the daily love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent :D Can't wait for the next one

    ReplyDelete
  10. lold =D
    btw
    how is it hanging over there?

    smoochies n' poopies :*

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol cud see the end coming a mile off tho :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahahah always worth a chuckle over here thats for sure

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh you

    daily support is daily

    http://wordofdodd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loled, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. lol i love this blog, you have my support. following you

    ReplyDelete